Of all the minerals in the area, stone and marble of various kinds have been processed by some inhabitants here, with different purposes, for different social orders.
The stone was mined directly from Crisul valley and its tributaries or from the natural stone pits for a long time, for the foundation of houses, roads, for building bridges, fences, gates, and for carving millstones, mills, funeral monuments, other household tools etc. Marble processing was holding on special orders, generally urban, more luxury ones, compared to the life in the village. Bunyitay Vincze, in a history of the Diocese of Oradea, appeared in Oradea in 1883-1884, states that in 1570 the Diet decided that areas in Partium were to give, in addition to contributions in money, skilled workers from the serfs, to exploit the stone and marble pit areas and to transport them for the building houses in Oradea. A year later, every noble was obliged to give one chariot of stone per each household they had in their possession. The main deposits were those of Vaşcău, exploiting a marble of various colors ' Variegata coloris utpote albi, rubri, flavi, viridis, nigri et cerulei ". Beiuşului land record in 1777 mentions the discovery and exploitation of black marble in Finiș and of white marble in Budureasa.
The marble and stone processing used as building materials for particularly urban areas - Oradea and even cities in the Pannonian Plain, carting them on such great distances, was a hard work. Stone was a raw material for local craftsmen, who carved wheels for mills, stone grinders, salt crushers, etc. There were tombstones skilled craftsmen in Cusuiş, Tarcaita, and in particular marble carvers in Vaşcău, Camp-Moti, Colesti. Over the time, Vaşcău passed to the industrialized processing of marble.